Imagine that you are working overtime in the middle of the night, then you have to send your task to your boss. Yet instead of attached the right task, you just attached your own selfie picture, and you send it right away, snap! Don’t panic please, you can undo email accidentally sent to your boss right now. How to do it, then? Well, I will show you in Gmail and Outlook application. Without any further blabbering, let’s talk about it now!
First things first, let’s talk about undo sent emails in Gmail. The steps are very easy to follow, mates! The stuff you have to be aware that Gmail actually doesn’t have a traditional recall function like Outlook. But, Gmail has a function or feature that allows you to undo a message within a certain amount of time. So, here are the steps to extend the amount of time:
- Go to the configuration icon in Gmail on the top right.
- Select “Settings”.
- Choose “General” tab on the Settings page.
- Scroll down and you will find the “Undo Send” option.
- The cancellation period default is 5 seconds, you can extend it by up to 30 seconds, so you can be more aware of the email you sent to other people
Great, after you follow those steps, you will see a pop-up that is asking if you want to unsend or undo a message. Tap it and your message will be unsend. Gmail will make sure that your boss will never see your mistaken message. Yet if you want to unsend over 30 seconds, unfortunately, it is not possible.
The second is, you can undo email in Outlook. Yet the situation is a bit different. Instead of unsending a message, you only can recall a message. So there is no guarantee the message hasn’t been opened, and sometimes it only works within your organization (depending on Outlook settings). So, here are the steps to do it:
- Open the Sent folder.
- Double click the message you want to recall.
- Tap the Actions button in the top ribbon.
- Select “Recall this message.”
After you do the 4th step, you will get two options: Delete unread copies of the email, or delete unread copies and replace them with the new message. You can tick off an option to receive a notification if the recall fails.
That’s all the methods to unsend or recall your mistaken messages in Gmail and Outlook. Pretty easy, isn’t it?
Now we hope you can immediately test it or send a testing email for the first time to your friend’s email or another email you owned.
Read More Tips & Trick to Make Your Life Easier:
- This is How to Create a Whatsapp Stickers
- Gmail 3 steps Hack to Schedule the SMS sending
- Got Battery Drain Issue on Your Android? Fix It, Here Are the Tips
- This is The Step Need to do When Moving From Android to IOS
- This is How to Recover Your Permanently Deleted Files on Windows
- GameLoop Emulator Best Setting for Low-End PC